The North Star Cycle
Scholarship winners focus on repeating 4 steps. We call this the North Star Cycle. These four steps are:
- Schedule your calendar - Look up your next scholarship deadline and schedule 1 hour to write your draft essay
- Write & submit your essays to GrantMe
- Apply to the scholarship
Top students in our program repeat this cycle at least 20 times. So each cycle is worth 5% of progress on your North Star Progress Bar.
The Big 5
These are the scholarships we ask you to add to your tracking sheet at the beginning of the program and they make up 25% of the scholarships you should be applying to. You need to find at least 5 of these types of scholarships because they are your highest probability of winning:
- University Entrance (automatic)
- University Department (application based and usually given out by faculty)
- High School Internal Awards
- District Awards
- Affiliate Scholarships that can be from, but not limited to:
- Your parents' employers
- Your employers
- Any clubs you have been involved in (ie. sports, dance, drama)
- Specific groups based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion
- Veteran family members
- Organizations you have volunteered with
The App 15
These are 15 scholarships that are not on your Big 5 list, they are High Priority Scholarships that our team members have hand-selected for you in the app. They will be automatically placed on your tracking sheet and you need to apply to at least 15.
- The first step is to add your Big 5 scholarships to the app.
- Take a look at your App 15 scholarships that our team has selected for you.
- Start your first North Star Cycle.
Student Success Notes
- Plan your work, work your plan
- Get feedback
- Take action
...is the exact same cycle that high performing, calm, and composed University students follow with their schoolwork, their work, their extracurriculars, and their social & family life. Mastering this North Star Cycle is a repeatable system that you can use wherever you want